Follow Dep Lifestyle Magazine:
The countdown to Flavor! Napa Valley, March 16 – 20, 2016, has begun! The five-day food and wine festival
supports programs and scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America’s Greystone Campus in St. Helena, CA. Flavor! Napa Valley showcases the finest in farm-to-table cuisine and world class wines with a series of local and celebrity chef demonstrations, intimate winemaker workshops, as well as grand tastings and exclusive experiences to bring out the best flavors of Napa Valley.
A highlight of Flavor! Napa Valley 2016 events include and a whole lot more events at Flavor! Napa Valley :
- Wednesday, March 16 — First Taste, Napa Valley, presented by Downtown Napa at the Culinary Institute of America’s new downtown campus at Copia in Napa, 6 – 9 p.m., *$95 per person. *Those who book overnight accommodations in downtown Napa will receive two tickets to the event.
- Thursday, March 17 — The Celebrity Chef and Winemaker Golf Tournament, new for 2016, at Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. $200 per person.
- Thursday, March 17 – A Celebration of the Judgment of Paris Dinner at Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa, 6 – 10 p.m., $295 per person. Participating chefs include Matthew Accarrino, Bradley Ogden, Justin Yu and Larry Forgione.
- Friday, March 18 – “Chef Demonstration: Cooking with Chef Christopher Kostow“ – Join Chef Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood Napa Valley, 12 – 1:30 p.m., $101.22 for a behind-the-scenes look at his cooking style and techniques. A Michelin-starred chef before the age of 30, Kostow attributes his culinary philosophy in part to Napa Valley’s vibrant terroir.
- Saturday, March 19- “Legendary Napa Valley, The Grand Tasting“ – all presented in The Culinary Institute of America’s
historic Greystone building, St. Helena, Napa Valley, VIP 6 p.m, general admission 7 – 9:30 p.m., $185.62-$238.37. This epicurean adventure showcases a collection of the Napa Valley’s most celebrated and innovative vintners and chefs. The Legendary Grand Tasting will feature nearly 80 wineries and fare from over 25 of the Valley’s best restaurants.
- Sunday, March 20 — The “Meet Your Maker; The Butcher, The Baker, and The Sparkling Wine Maker” Brunch Party at The Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., $125 per person.Saturday, March 19 — Legendary Napa Valley, The Grand Tasting at the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone, 7 – 9:30 p.m., $175 per person.
Terroir to Table
In addition to the Flavor! Napa Valley events listed above, the five-
day food and wine event also includes a series of “Terroir to Table” workshops Thursday, March 17 through Saturday, March 19. These include “Behind the Scenes with Nickel & Nickel;” “Detox to Retox” at Indian Springs Resort; “Appellation Exploration” at HALL Wines; and “Winery Aromatherapy with a Corkscrew” at St. Supery Estate Vineyards.
A highlight of Flavor! Napa Valley “Chef Demos” include an “OpenTable Industry Trends Panel” at the Culinary Institute of America at Copia; “Cooking with Christopher Kostow,”chef at Michelin three star The Restaurant at Meadowood; “Pizza Making with Tony Gemignani,” of Tony’s Pizza Napoletana; and “From Vegas to the Valley with Chef Rick Moonen.”
Additional highlights of Flavor! Napa Valley include Wine Classes, offered Friday, March 18 and Saturday, March 19, include “Spring Awakening & the Rose Revolution;” “Aromatic White Wines for Spring;” “Exploring the Rhone Zone;” and “The Young Turks of Napa Valley.”
Other exciting events, including “After Parties,” and “Tours,” as well as full descriptions of all events, including dates, times, pricing and ticket information, may be found at Flavor! Napa Valley.
For those wishing to enjoy a “full” Flavor! Napa Valley experience by attending multiple events over the course of four days, Visit Napa Valley offers an array of overnight packages, many of which include tickets to select Flavor! Napa Valley events.
Buy your tickets here: Flavor! Napa Valley